melbourne metropolitan conveyancing, conveyancing rural property over victoria

Do you have questions about our property conveyancing services  
across Melbourne metropolitan and rural properties across Victoria?

Main Menu

GCS Conveyancing Services
Level 1
24 Somerton Road

Somerton VIC 3062
Ph: 03 9442 2360
Fax: 03 9442 4459
Mobile: 0413 710 446

Questions you may mave about conveyancing Melbourne Victoria,
residential conveyancing, stamp duty & settlement.

property conveyancing services for melbourne and victoriaWhat is Property Conveyancing?

Property conveyancing is "the process of legally transferring property ownership from the seller's name to the buyer's name".


Are you a Licensed Conveyancer for Victoria?

Yes, we are. We have a Victoria conveyancer licence which means that we are a registered conveyancer for the whole of Victoria, including metropolitan Melbourne and country Victoria. 


What Areas of Victoria do your Property Conveyancing Services Cover?

We are able to attend to all the following:
- Melbourne metropolitan conveyancing,
- conveyancing Melbourne CBD,
- conveyancing Melbourne North,
conveyancing Melbourne East,
conveyancing Melbourne western suburbs, and
- conveyancing rural property in country Victoria.


What are Disbursements?

Disbursements are payments a conveyancer, such as ourselves, makes on your behalf to authorities to obtain relevant information about a property. How much we pay depends on whether you are buying or selling a house. 

Typically, disbursements include:

    tick a title search;
    tick a building certificate (if applicable);
    tick a land information certificate;
    tick a water and/or encumbrance certificate;
    tick a planning certificate;
    tick a roads certificate;
    tick a land tax certificate;
    tick an owners corporation certificate (if applicable);

Note: our FREE conveyancing quote and conveyancing property fees include all disbursements. Owners corporation are not included.

What are Adjustments?

Adjustments are payments the vendor of a property makes to make sure that all rates and taxes due on the property are up-to-date up to the settlement date.

What happens during settlement, and do I need to attend?

Settlement is when the buyer and the seller (or their representatives) come together to complete the transfer of the property from the one to the other. 

At settlement, documents and cheques are exchanged between all parties. Once the good title has been established and all parties are satisfied, settlement is deemed to have been effected.  The vendor and the purchaser are then contacted by telephone by their representative to be advised that the settlement has occurred.

Usually the keys to the property are left with the agent (unless other arrangements have been made). The purchaser of the property would then collect the keys from the agent as soon as s/he receives a call that settlement has occurred.

It is not usual for a purchaser or vendor to attend settlement, but our firm is happy to advise you of the location and time of settlement should you wish to attend.

What is Stamp Duty?

Stamp Duty is a tax imposed by the Victorian Government on the purchase of any property in Victoria. According to the standard Contract of Sale, the buyer is the one who pays the stamp duty.  The amount of stamp duty is determined by how much the property was bought for taking into account any concession the buyer may be entitled to.

Please feel free to contact us about discussing any concessions or grants you may be entitled to.


Do you Offer Online Conveyancing Services Across Victoria?

Yes, we do! In fact, all our property conveyancing services can be done by email, by phone or in person. Just use our online contact form or ring us on 03 9442 2360 or 0413 710 446, and we will take care of everything.


Do you Offer a FREE Quote?

  We certainly do! And further to that, we will beat any quote you bring to our attention.

free conveyancing quote anywhere in victoriafree conveyancing quote anywhere in victoria